Essay #4: The Portfolio and Self-Assessment

Finishing high school is a great step into moving onto bigger and better things like having the opportunity to attend college, which helps one’s have a better future. I Just graduated high school on June 26th, 2020. I currently attend City College of New York, which has an amazing campus for a college in the city. I don’t really know what I want to do in the future but hopefully soon I’ll be able to decide what I would want to be and do for my future. I am taking 5 classes this spring semester and one of them is my english class with my amazing professor Shamecca Harris. In this course we acknowledge ours and others’ range of linguistic differences as resources, and draw on those resources to develop rhetorical sensibility. Enhance strategies for reading, drafting, revising, editing, and self-assessment. Developed and engaged in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes. Engaged in genre analysis and multimodal composing to explore effective writing across disciplinary contexts and beyond. Formulated and articulated a stance through and in our writing. practice using various library resources, online databases, and the Internet to locate sources appropriate to your writing projects. And finally strengthened our source use practices. The extent to which I have achieved in learning these course objectives this semester is to a great extent. I learned all these skills and practiced them with my peers, in which these skills would benefit me in my writing experiences in the future to which I’m grateful to use.